5 Big Questions: GINA MILLER
What drives someone to pursue justice at great personal cost?
How should we value refugees?
And why should we burn self help books?
In this week’s 5 Big Questions interview we talk to campaigner, businesswoman and author GINA MILLER
- Twitter: @thatginamiller | @VoteTrueAndFair
- Founder – True and Fair Party
- Founder – True and Fair Campaign
- Founder – Best for Britain Campaign
- Claimant – R (Miller) v Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union
- Claimant – R (Miller) v The Prime Minister
The 5 Big Questions:
- How do you measure the impact of what you do?
- How should people/businesses be preparing for the future?
- How do we build the workforce we need for that future?
- How do you use creativity to solve problems?
- How do you collaborate?
“It took me thirty years to pop up from nowhere.”
“We got a little bit lazy and comfortable. It’s a terrible thing to say to people: we forgot to look out for each-other. We sort of got quite comfortable, enjoying all the capitalist freedoms we had and also the things, the gadgets. We started thinking about things, rather than people.”
“I do think we are capable of coming out of this better than we went into it.”
“My successes didn’t lead to Parliamentarians standing up and doing their job, in my view. After the second case, the prorogation case, the next day it was like a fish market! Having gone through everything to defend them, it was extremely frustrating.”
“If you look at our educational curriculum, I personally don’t think it’s fit for the future.”
“If we lose creativity then we become an imprisoned society.”
“I’m very mindful as a woman of colour that there aren’t many role-models out there. In the City and in the legal profession, we don’t have parity yet.”
- Gina Miller BBC news profile, 2019 // bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37861888
- Gina Miller (Wikipedia) // wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Miller
- Gina’s father, Doodnaught Singh, former Attorney General of Guyana (Wikipedia) // wikipedia.org/wiki/Doodnauth_Singh
- Gina Miller — ‘Rise’ (hive.co.uk) // hive.co.uk/Product/Gina-Miller/Rise–Life-Lessons-in-Speaking-Out-Standing-Tall–Leading-the-Way/23210820
- Tutu Foundation // tutufoundationuk.org/
- True And Fair Party // trueandfairparty.uk/
- 1066 (Wikipedia) // wikipedia.org/wiki/1066
- The (Second) Boer War (Wikipedia) // wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Boer_War
- Sinclair C5 electric bike (Wikipedia) // wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_C5
This episode was recorded in March 2022
Interviewer: Richard Freeman for always possible
Editor: CJ Thorpe-Tracey for Lo Fi Arts
Never miss another Possibility Club podcast
Access 150+ podcasts featuring a diverse range of innovators, change-makers, leaders and disruptors from across the worlds of business, culture and education.
Norman Cook | Andy Burnham | Lemn Sissay | Charlotte Church | Michael Rosen | Jimi Famurewa | Matthew Taylor | Stella Creasy | Tim Harford