Free help to set up your own business
Got creative skills to pay the bills? Ever thought of starting your own business?
Now is a great time – the rules are being re-written.
You might be thinking I’m a creative! I wouldn’t know where to begin when it comes to business. Keep reading.
The GLIDE Bootcamp for creative entrepreneurs is a week of free, online specialist workshops taking place during Global Entrepreneurship Week (November 8th-12th). It will give you a solid grounding in the fundamentals of starting your own business, from concept to company to brand growth.
The programme has been designed by creatives for creatives. The content is relevant and realistic.
Scroll down to read more about the workshops and find out how to register.
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 16 or above with an interest in turning their creativity into a living.
Perhaps you are:
- studying at college or uni, or a recent graduate considering your next steps
- not in employment and would like a career that fits around your needs and commitments
- employed but considering a side hustle
You will need to:
- be available from November 8th – 12th (9am-1:30pm) and able to commit to 12hrs of workshops
- fill out a registration form prior to booking your place
- have the legal right to work or study in the UK
What will I learn about?
Mon 8th November
- 10:00-12:30 Pitch It Right – A workshop to help with communicating what your business offers and what problems you are solving for customers
- 16:30-19:00 Price with Confidence – Good pricing means being competitive while making the profit you need. This workshop will help you make sense of pricing structures
Tues 9th November
- 10:00-12:30 Tools for the Job – This workshop shows you how to identify the equipment, technology and expertise you need to drive your business forwards.
- 16:30-19:00 Fine-tune Your Business Plan – This workshop aims to help potential business owners focus on some of the most impactful elements of their business plan.
Wed 10th November
- 10:00-12:30 Your Perfect Customer – This workshop helps you look at who is, and isn’t, buying from you and why.
- 16:30-19:00 Standing Out in a Crowd – This workshop will cover key elements of brand identity, creating and communicating your value proposition, and how to effectively communicate your brand story to your audience.
Thurs 11th November
- 10:00-12:30 Confidence with Data – This session has been designed to give you the confidence to know what data you have and know if / how and when you might use it.
- 16:30-19:00 Developing Online Audiences – Hear from Jody Raynsford, an acclaimed copywriter who knows how to create simple and compelling messages online.
Fri 12th November 9:00-13:00
- Introduction to the day. Recap and Q&A from the day before.
- The first three years: what to expect when growing your business – When you’re establishing your business, you rarely have time to take a step back, review your progress and think about where you’re heading. This workshop looks at the first three years of running a creative business, with guidance, tips and exploration of the risks/opportunities.
PLUS… social media surgeries throughout the week with Letitia McConalogue to focus on any social media woes! Book in for a 30 minute session dedicated to auditing your current social media channels and strategies, including:
- tips on optimising your profiles, scheduling, content types and content creation
- exploring engagement, strategy, consistency and time management (batching)
- choosing your platforms and reading/understanding your insights
- myth-busting and troubleshooting
Here’s what previous participants said about the programme:
I’ve had a big dream to start a creative business for years, but not known where to begin!
Thanks to GLIDE I’ve learnt so much in a short space of time from a variety of inspirational experts. I now have the knowledge and tools to create a realistic business plan and a road map to put my plan into operation.
Emma was really great at communicating a straight forward way to approach business planning.
Absolutely loved both Meg and Jody’s sessions, SO many takeouts it’s hard to just choose one.
This has been such an interesting and valuable session. Thank you for sharing such golden content.
Sounds amazing! How do I join?
You are 3 steps away from signing up to a unique programme that might change your future.
- Complete the embedded registration form on this page
- Download, read, and sign a Beneficiary Proposal document
- Email your signed form to GLIDE@bucks.ac.uk
GLIDE is serious about confidentially and processes data according to the lawful basis of Article 6(1)(e) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the EU Common Provisions Regulation (CPR) and Article 6 of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Please review your Beneficiary Proposal document for more information about the data we collect and why.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact the GLIDE team and we’ll be happy to help.