Mentoring & 1:1 Support
The Coastal West Sussex Partnership is the strategic voice of businesses and education along the coastal strip running 35 miles to the west of Brighton (including Shoreham, Worthing, Littlehampton, Bognor Regis & Chichester).
The partnership focuses on championing economic growth, influencing political strategy and investment decisions through collaboration between the public and private sector
always possible has worked with the Coastal West Sussex Partnership since 2018 – helping members to understand, rethink and reshape narratives about skills and workforce development. Projects have included research, events, workshops and the production of documents and resources.
There are significant challenges in the area – from low levels of skills, a historic lack of investment to a limited confidence in local cultural identity. always possible was tasked with developing a series of workshops and mini research projects, involving education leaders, engineering CEOs, strategists, business groups and digital entrepreneurs to interrogate and challenge local narratives.
Sessions were to be delivered in settings as diverse as Worthing Town Hall, the University of Chichester and the Rolls Royce Motor Car HQ – moving people towards a common mission and vision and – more crucially – action.
- Event design
- Resource creation
- Data analysis
- Research and evaluation
- Engagement of over 40 businesses, 1 university, 3 colleges, 2 independent training providers and 3 local authorities ✓
- Helped make case for £400k science, engineering and arts project ✓
- Statement of Intent on skills strategy published ✓
- Pledges from local engineering and manufacturers ✓
- Presentations to influencers and decision-makers ✓
- Data analysis and presentation ✓