CATCH-UP: Modern Slavery in Sussex
How children are being exploited across county lines and the impact it has on them.
We continue the Anti-Modern Slavery Changing the Conversation strand with a new series of four webinars aimed at professionals, communities leaders, academics, and anyone interested in this important topic.
Watch a recording of the third webinar in the series and scroll down for more details about upcoming webinars and the project as a whole.
This conversation reflects on the criminal exploitation of young people operating through county line mechanisms. The panel will discuss the current picture in Sussex and explore the implications this has on young people as well as the services that support them.
- Dr Shahrzad Fouladvand – Lecturer in International Criminal Law, University of Sussex
- Dr Kristi Hickle – Senior Lecturer in Social Work and Social Care, University of Sussex
- Michelle Hunter – Director of Programmes, AudioActive
- Sam Hatter – Music Practitioner, AudioActive
- Jo Bates – Project Manager, AudioActive
- Maryam Hussain – Child Sexual Exploitation Prevention Officer, The Children’s Society
BLOG: Developing Stakeholder Communities. Our Head of Delivery, Sarah Freeman, reflects on this compelling co-design project with The University of Sussex.
PODCAST: Modern Slavery – What Is It?
Four expert speakers answer the same five questions.
Our guests are: Sarah Braker, Dept of Work and Pensions; Mark Charlton, Sussex Police; Elle Weaver, Together in Sussex; Tim Read, Brighton and Hove City Council.
All webinars from the both Anti-Modern Slavery Changing the Conversation strands to watch in full.
always possible designs and facilitates workshops that connect people and ideas.