An interactive careers event for young people in Essex.This unique online, interactive careers event gave 14-25 year olds from Essex an opportunity to have honest and inspiring conversations about the current and future world of work – with industry professionals in science, technology, engineering, the arts and mathematics. Sponsored by City Fibre.
10am – 10.30am
10.45pm – 2pm
Young people had the opportunity to join 25 minute long Q&A sessions with industry professionals.
TELEDYNE E2V >> Ole Kock, Product Development Manager (Quantum)
CITY FIBRE >> Fibre Manager Luke Phillip
INTO GAMES >> CEO Declan Cassidy
AMAZON >> Head of Business Development Nikhil Amin
HAYNARD LTD >> Dr. Julie Winnard
2.30pm – 3.30pm
Essex 2020 roundtable: what are the skills of the future, and what are the jobs that don’t yet exist?
An interactive discussion with a panel of special guests discussing what we know and what we don’t know about the world of work in the 21st century.OUR PANELISTS
- Aideen Sadler – City Manager (Southend) >> CITY FIBRE
- Glen Robinson – National Technology Officer >> MICROSOFT
- Karly Withers – Curriculum Manager (Animal Care & Science) >> SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE
- Hayley Dixon – Deputy Director >> FOCAL POINT GALLERY
- Dr. Hephzi Tagoe – Research Scientist >> GHSCIENTIFIC
- Dr. Ole Kock – Product Development Manager (Space and Quantum) >> TELEDYNE E2V
This Essex 2020 event was designed and facilitated by always possible, in collaboration with Tech East, The Careers & Enterprise Company, STEM Ambassadors and People On Work.