Free help to start your own creative business
GLIDE Creative Entrepreneurs Bootcamp is back this December
The GLIDE Bootcamp for creative entrepreneurs is a week of free, online specialist workshops. It gives you a solid grounding in the fundamentals of starting your own business, from concept to company to brand growth.
Designed by creatives for creatives, the programme is aimed at anyone aged 16 and above that is interested in starting a limited company or registering as self employed.
The first Bootcamp ran back in September. Here are a few things participants said:
Thanks to GLIDE I’ve learnt so much in a short space of time from a variety of inspirational experts. I now have the knowledge and tools to create a realistic business plan and a road map to put my plan into operation.
Emma was really great at communicating a straight forward way to approach business planning.
Absolutely loved both Meg and Jody’s sessions, SO many takeouts it’s hard to just choose one.
Feel like you missed out? This is a no FOMO zone! We are running these workshops again from December 6th – 10th. Register early to avoid disappointment.
This incredible opportunity is FREE. Register to secure your place and do feel free to share with your networks.
The Creative Entrepreneurs Bootcamp is delivered by always possible as part of the GLIDE project, on behalf of Buckinghamshire New University and is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) 2014-2020 Programme.REGISTER
Mon 6th December
- 10:00-12:30 Pitch It Right – A workshop to help with communicating what your business offers and what problems you are solving for customers.
- 16:30-19:00 Price with Confidence – Good pricing means being competitive while making the profit you need. This workshop will help you make sense of pricing structures.
Tues 7th December
- 10:00-12:30 Standing Out in a Crowd – This workshop will cover key elements of brand identity, creating and communicating your value proposition, and how to effectively communicate your brand story to your audience.
- Tools for the Job – This workshop shows you how to identify the equipment, technology and expertise you need to drive your business forwards.
- 16:30-19:00 Developing Online Audiences – Hear from Jody Raynsford, an acclaimed copywriter who knows how to create simple and compelling messages online.
Wed 8th December
- 10:00-12:30 Tools for the Job – This workshop shows you how to identify the equipment, technology and expertise you need to drive your business forwards.
- 16:30-19:00 Fine-tune Your Business Plan – This workshop aims to help potential business owners focus on some of the most impactful elements of their business plan.
Thurs 9th December
- 10:00-12:30 Confidence with Data – This session has been designed to give you the confidence to know what data you have and know if / how and when you might use it.
- 16:30-19:00 Your Perfect Customer – This workshop helps you look at who is, and isn’t, buying from you and why.
Fri 10th December 9:00-13:00
- Introduction to the day. Recap and Q&A from the day before.
- The first three years: what to expect when growing your business – When you’re establishing your business, you rarely have time to take a step back, review your progress and think about where you’re heading. This workshop looks at the first three years of running a creative business, with guidance, tips and exploration of the risks/opportunities.
PLUS… social media surgeries throughout the week with Letitia McConalogue to focus on any social media woes! Book in for a 30 minute session dedicated to auditing your current social media channels and strategies, including:
- tips on optimising your profiles, scheduling, content types and content creation
- exploring engagement, strategy, consistency and time management (batching)
- choosing your platforms and reading/understanding your insights
- myth-busting and troubleshooting