HELP TO GROW: MANAGEMENT COURSE
Designed to help you unlock business potential, the Help to Grow: Management course is 90% funded by the government. The course supports leaders and senior managers of small and medium-sized businesses in any sector via a 12-week programme that can be completed alongside full-time work. The course is offered across East and West Sussex by The University of Brighton’s School of Business and Law.
The next 2023 courses are running in Crawley and Brighton. A 2024 course in Brighton is also available for booking.
always possible is proud to sponsor a number of placements for under-represented businesses. We will pay half of the £750 course fee (£375) for businesses that are female-led, ethnic minority-led, or a CIC.
Benefits to your business
The Help to Grow: Management course is a small investment that can play a big part in securing the future of your business.
Develop leadership and management skills, plus adopt new practices and tools that you can use to implement change within your business.
This course is designed to help your business become more resilient and sustainable in the long-term.
You’ll focus on ways to develop your business’ growth and productivity, creating a Growth Action Plan with the goal of strengthening your future.
What you will learn
- Develop your leadership and management skills, enhancing employee wellbeing and engagement
- Identify what drives productivity and growth in your market, and understand what this means for you
- Learn how to advance responsible business practices, including more inclusive and greener practices
- Understand how to innovate your business model, including adopting and investing in new and digital technologies
- Identify key domestic and export markets for your business and develop strategies for segmentation, positioning and targeting
- Generate strategies to improve operational efficiency, allowing you to save time and money.
To be eligible for Help to Grow, the following criteria must be met.
Your business must
- Be a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- Employ between 5 and 249 people
- Have been operational for at least one year
- Not be a charity
- Be a chief executive, owner/founder or member of the senior management team
- Have at least one direct report
- Commit to completing all sessions
Other important information
- If your business employs between 10 and 249 people, you can send up to two participants on the course
- To be eligible for always possible sponsorship support your business must be female-led, ethnic minority-led, or a CIC.
Next course dates (2023)
15th September: onboarding session | 22nd September: course start
18th September: onboarding session | 25th Spetember: course start
5th February: onboarding session | 12th February: course start
Click the button below to learn more and sign up for the course. To ensure you get your sponsorship you’ll need to specify that you heard about the course from always possible.
Courses are run at several points during the year in different locations. Can’t attend one of the courses above? Register your interest for future cohorts by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help to Grow: Management
You’ll be supported by an experienced business mentor and taught by experienced academics and practitioners from the University of Brighton’s School of Business and Law who will support you in building capabilities in:
- strategy and innovation
- vision, mission and values
- organisational design
- efficient operations
- implementing growth plans
Help to Grow is a 12-week course designed to be undertaken alongside full-time work. The time commitment is 50 hours over 12 weeks. Learning alongside other business owners, you have the opportunity to learn from your peers and network.
Using a combination of online and face-to-face sessions alongside case study workshops, you’ll have the opportunity to apply the concepts being taught to real-life situations faced by business leaders.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a tailored Growth Action Plan to help you lead and grow your business.